Topic: Live shows//////.....
Hello! I am going to be playing live shows, and I want my VL2 presets to change automatically at the proper places throughout my song without any conscious involvement on my part, as the performer. I have been told the way to do this, is by sending midi program changes to the VL2 from an external device, but I have so many sub questions in regards to how to do this, that no one can seem to answer for me to the extent I need them explained. (step-by-step, from the ground up) I have never done midi sequencing for live shows. Please, please if anyone could shed any light on this for me, I would be indebted to you! Here are my questions surrounding this topic:
1. How do I send midi patch changes to the VL2? What is required?
2. Would it be preferable for me to use Logic Pro 9 to send the changes? (seeing as this is the program I have used to make all my music)
3. If I do use logic, does this mean I need to have my computer up on stage (running logic) sending the data to the VL2 throughout every live performance? OR:
4. Is there a way to pre-record the program file changes -at certain times in the song- using logic, and send that data to another external device that is capable of storing and saving that information, that then interacts directly with the VL2 during live performances -so I don't have to have logic open and running on stage?
If the answer to question #4 is Yes, then
5. What are those other options for devices that can send program changes to a VL2 - other than a computer?
6. And out of those options, are any of them capable- as logic is- of pre-programing the changes, at the proper times throughout a song, and saving that data, before sending it to the VL2? (In this case, taking logic out of the sequencing equation all together?)
Any other advice or resources where I can get more guidance and elaboration on this topic would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much!!