Re: What's Your Favorite Style

I love Bach too!!!!He was a great singer..and for some reasons I like it more now he has lost his fabolous head voice. He has a winner timbre..no way.

Alessandro Del Vecchio
Vocal coach and recording artist for Ian Paice, Glenn Hughes, Jeff Scott Soto, Carmine Appice, Andre Matos, Bob Harris, Steve Walsh and many others...ehm..too many;-)
www.myspace.com/alessandrodelvecchio

My favs:

1. Paul Rodgers
2. Steve Marriott
3. Glen Hughes
4. David Coverdale
5. Ian Gillen
6. Steve Perry
7. Delbert McClinton
8. Bon Scott
9. Jimmy Barnes
10. Greg Allman

There are too many to list, but I love the blues based rock vocalists, as that is my background vocally. I'm also a fan of classic soul artists like Bobby "Blue" Bland, Ray Charles, Otis Redding, etc..

Got to love Otis, the everly brothers, rightous bros theres a lot of those old timers that where fantastic too many to name!

OmniMediaMasters Mainsite Administration- http://www.MajesticPlanet.com  , Check out my new videos on my  MySpace: http://www.Myspace.com/KingofPanormos

Shaun..we should have a band together...eheheheh...
Have you heard the hoochie coochie men record?
jimmy barnes sings on some songs..even ian gillan..
go get it!!!!

Alessandro Del Vecchio
Vocal coach and recording artist for Ian Paice, Glenn Hughes, Jeff Scott Soto, Carmine Appice, Andre Matos, Bob Harris, Steve Walsh and many others...ehm..too many;-)

Shaun, ya got the new Whitesnake yet?

Jaime Vendera
JaimeVendera.com
theultimatevocalworkout.com

Hey Jaime!

It's on my shopping list wink

Ale- I actually would love a new project..let's do it..haha!

The new Whitesnake?
I had it some days ago.
let's move forward..this is not Whitesnake..and that is not David Coverdale...
I loved David's voice and music so much in the past.
Now he's just a shadow of what he was...god...

Ok Shaun..find me a plce where to stay, a school where to teach, a band and a hammond organ in Florida and I'm there:-)
My good friends Blackfoot live there too. I could get into that band first...play ken hensley's parts and...ehehe..ok...I dreaming.
I'm to stay here...in the goofy Italy..
eheh

Alessandro Del Vecchio

I have to pick up the new white snake, do like the last Scorpions release! Glad to see these older acts coming back and all the reunions this year as well!

OmniMediaMasters Mainsite Administration- http://www.MajesticPlanet.com  , Check out my new videos on my  MySpace: http://www.Myspace.com/KingofPanormos

Definately take advantage of that Shaun... virtual proj. with Ale... thats a face melter.

THE VOCALIST STUDIO
Robert J. Lunte
robert@thevocaliststudio.com
www.thevocaliststudio.com/endorsements
www.myspace.com/tvsvox : www.youtube.com/roblunte

Yeah..that would would be cool!

Buy the CD. Love you Alessando, but don't listen to him Shaun... it's still worth listening to. Yeah it's not the same but very few of those 80's singers have retained their voices. I still enjoyed it;) Also enjoyed the Def Leppard, although it isn't Pyromania.

Jaime Vendera
JaimeVendera.com

yeah...the cd is pretty good..i prefer the new def leppard:-)
Coverdale lost the blues side..that's the pity....
Love you jaime too:-)ahah..but listen to slide it in...that's some kicking asses stuff!

Alessandro Del Vecchio

Oh yeah I agree he was better in his early days. Harnell said he saw him last year and everytime he'd go for a high note, he'd hold the mic several feet away from him...So something is going on. Yeah the new DefLep is solid. I got the new White Lion..What happened to Tramp???

Jaime Vendera
JaimeVendera.com

eheheh..I saw him last year...he was pretty good but they plat one step down:-)
I was impressed by dave meniketti of Y&T..god...immense!He's better now than the 80's...

Alessandro Del Vecchio

My fav's at the moment...

In no specific order:

1) Rick DeJesus
2) Brodie Stewart
3) Chad Kroeger
4) Austin John Winkler
5) Jacoby Shaddix
6) Max Martin
7) Mats Leven
8) Kip Winger
9) David Coverdale
10) Eric Martin

Hey MattG welcome to the board. Kip still sounds great and I really like the new Whitesnake CD. SOme of the singers on your list I am not familiar with. I swear, I have NO idea why, but for some reason, I really had a feeling you'd be a Labrie fan. Don't know where that came from?

Jaime Vendera
JaimeVendera.com

Jaime Vendera wrote:

Hey MattG welcome to the board. Kip still sounds great and I really like the new Whitesnake CD. SOme of the singers on your list I am not familiar with. I swear, I have NO idea why, but for some reason, I really had a feeling you'd be a Labrie fan. Don't know where that came from?

Haven't heard the new Whitesnake. I'll have to check it out. I've always liked Kip's voice. Really good tone. A lot of the singer's I've mentioned are in newer or up-and-coming bands. Labrie? Who's he? j/k smile

wow some great singers posted on here and many I admire even if i dont listen to the music very much.

My current favorites are (not just becuase they have the best voice technically speaking. Style is huge)

Chris Cornell - Soundgarden, Temple of the Dog, Audioslave
Lane Staley - Alive In Chains
Serj Tankian - System of a Down
Almighty Bruce Dickenson - IM
Geoff Tate - QR
Steve Perry - Journey
Ian Gillan - Sabbath
Maynard - Tool
Seb Bach- Skid Row
Ronny James Dio - DIO, Raibbow, Sabbath
Robert Plant - Zepp
Lenny Kravitz
Phil Ansalmo - Pantera, Down
Ian Ashbury - The Cult and The Doors Tribute (amazing)
Ben Haprper
Jame Hetfield  - Metallica - (All style)

Cudos: Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan - Quaal Singer from India/Pakistan..hes dead now but was an amazing legend

And...just for interest sake check out this guy...$%%@!!! insanity...you have to listen to the whole thing

Name: Vitas
Range: something rediculous ...never heard anything like it

Youtube:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YjO_VXHxsRw  (when he hits that note...i i use my sock to clean up the mess... crystal clear and so controlled)

and: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uwPoV2NZ … re=related  (one of Gods prototypes; never meant for mass production)

someone mentoned Dredg before heres a link :
Guy from Dredg -  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gJ7oqsB0R4g

If you have any other links of awesome singers post em (other than the obvious greats)

Smaxx

Last edited by Smaxx (2008-06-14 09:47:44)

Cool Vat... lets get some more interesting videos and examples from different cultures and styles... I like this... More Vat more?... One thing about this is , I wonder what would happen if these guys would stand up and get a better posture for singing, blew more air really throttled this ... it would be epic.

THE VOCALIST STUDIO
Robert J. Lunte
robert@thevocaliststudio.com
www.thevocaliststudio.com/endorsements
www.myspace.com/tvsvox : www.youtube.com/roblunte

Ronnie Dio
Paul Rodgers
Lou Gramm
Stevie Wonder

John West (Ex Royal Hunt & Artension) UNBELIEVABLE!!
Chris Salinas - Zero Hour - MONSTER VOCALIST!
Jorn Lande
Carl Albert - Vicious Rumors
Ray Gillen - Badlands
THE DUDE FROM THE BAND "EYEFEAR" IS INSANE!

check out the singer from "RA" too. kind of a one hit wonder band, but that guy is a phenom!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W0mHDqv8Lz0

Okay, I'll just come out and say it:

1.  Bob Dylan
2.  Bruce Springsteen
3.  Neil Young
4.  Tom Waits
5.  Hank Williams
6.  Lucinda Williams
7.  Steve Earle
8.  Warren Zevon
9.  Merle Haggard
10. Emmylou Harris

Am I on the wrong site???

Jersey Jack
Somewhere in the swamps of Jersey

For me no one compares to Steve Perry and Jimi Jamison.  What surprises me is how overlooked Richard Marx is. Some of his songs rom the 80's are cheesy, yes! but. his new stuff is great.  His voice is also very distinctive and his songwriting is amazing.

hi!

my self ashish bhatnagar. i am new on this website.i like pop music and sad songs most.

my favourite singer is  shankar mahadevan (Indian singer).i don,t like the disco type dance.

Last edited by bhatnaashish098 (2011-04-22 00:03:03)

My style is very cool. According to my style my favourite is Alanis Morrisette. His voice is awesome and skilled. He is very experienced and his voice is memorable.

I read back again all the thresd and I agree with a lot of the names have been done that I love too. Instead of repeating the names done. I would like to add someone no-named that I think can stay too in a list of biggest.

I havent' seen no voice from Toto.
We can consider the voices mixed together as a great unique combo (Lukather, Paich, Kimball), but too lead voices Bobby Kimball, Joseph Wililams, Fergie Fredricksen, can stay in a list o top singers, for extension, colour and technique.

Another one is
Luther Vandross. He's considered in the studios "one take man", you give him text, score, and you'll have the perfect take at first recording. It means terrific technical ability.

Other Black voice:
Bobby Mc Ferrin... ohh no.. that's not a voice.. he's an orchestra.

I think I can't add other metal ones.. because you added.. all... (I don't remember if someone told  Axl Rose too... very particular voice not clean, but unique)

Jeff Buckley and Michael Gungor are my favorite singers. smile

I like very classical sounding tenors and sopranos (Roy Khan from Kamelot, whoever the singer is from Serenity, Sharon den Adel from Within Temptation, Liv Kristine from Theatre of Tragedy/Leaves' Eyes)

And very warm altos like Amy Lee (Evanescence), Cristania Scabbia (Lacuna Coil)