Topic: Firmware Beta Test
As you know, I've been talking about how we've been working on new firmware update for a while. It's probably seemed like hot air sometimes, but true to my word, it really exists... and I'd love for you to help us test it!
I lobbied the powers-that-be to open up our firmware development process to forum members here, since you represent some of the most experienced and passionate users of our products. Guess what? They let me do it
So, here's the deal: BACK UP YOUR PRESETS!
1. It's a Beta test. We won't offer any support via official channels. Everything will be done via this thread.
2. There's no need to provide any personal info, but we would like as much detail about how you use the gear as possible. What type of setup do you use? What is the physical environment you play in? etc. etc.
3. You must actually test the fixes outlined below and give feedback on whether they are working or not.
4. There can't be any feature requests or other off topic posts, they'll all be deleted so this remains a clean list of feedback.
5. We're not responsible for...anything bad.
These are the bugs/features we have fixed and need tested:
1. Mic-Control/300BPM Tap Tempo craziness should no longer occur
2. Key defaulting to Bmaj2 when key/scale is manually entered via press/hold Harmony should no longer occur.
The new behavior is: Any key/scale saved to the preset should be recalled properly when entering set key/scale. IF a chord via guitar or MIDI is received shortly before entering set key/scale, that chord will over-ride the saved key/scale. This allows saved key/scale to be retained, but natural play to take precedence when you want it to. NaturalPlay must be set to SCALE for this to occur. (either globally or within the preset)
3. Screen should no longer flicker when changing presets
4. Fixed and issue where guitar would appear on both sides of a mono loop output
5. Delay/Reverb tails should now properly stop when entering BYPASS/TUNER mode
6. Set Delay Trails default to ON (trails means that delay taps and reverb decay completes when changing presets or turning the effect on/off)
7. Added MIX HEADROOM parameter. This is a new gain applied throughout the output mixer to give more headroom for mixing. It's in Setup/System.
8. Looper should now properly output via USB
9. Aux level should no longer increase when entering BYPASS/TUNER mode
10. When a preset is saved into a new location, the USER tag is automatically assigned in the Wizard.
11. Added STEP and BYPASS to Mic-Control options. Yay!
Ok, so i know that's a lot and we don't expect everyone to test everything, but try to test what's most relevant to you and then move on to other stuff if you have time.
I really, really appreciate you guys/gals being so patient with the long wait, but I'm sure you can see by the number of updates that this is a pretty large project.
Interested? You can get the new firmware here: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/40864719/VoiceL … ild134.syx
EDIT: You have to right click and "Save link as" with some browsers, otherwise you'll see a screen full of gobbledygook.
You'll need to download the file to a convenient location on your computer and then "Load a sysex file to your device manually" within VoiceSupport and point to the beta file.
I will remove the download link on Monday March 19th (unless we make tweaks between now and then) and we'll collect info for a couple of weeks, so you get some real time with the release.