Topic: Sennheiser E965 Condenser or Neumann KMS 104 or 105

anyone know which is better and can somebody explain the difference between the kms 104 and 105?? i really love my senn e945 but handheld condensers are a diff story. i think im leaning towards the 105 but im not quite sure.
any thoughts??

Re: Sennheiser E965 Condenser or Neumann KMS 104 or 105

i have the neumann kk 105 s "better" is very subjective.
the application matters too,  I have two mics on stage for live performance, the other is my headset senn 500 g3.

but being familiar with both mics you mentioned, the neumann is the clear choice IMHO.

The only difference between the KMS104 and KMS105 is the pattern: the 104 is cardioid and the 105 is supercardioid. Otherwise it's the same mic.
  The E965 is switchable bewteen cardoid and supercardioid, and is a very transparent mic ie: flatter response without the "classic Neumann sound".
  Hope that helps

If you sing with a Pop or Rock band get the Senn or high end Shure condensor the one way above Beta 87 I forget the model.

The Senn will be best a feedback rejection ... The Neumann will blow at feedback rejection but be a superb classical or Jazz vocalists mic.

I was using the Beyerdynamic TG-X 60 for a few years before it completely fell apart from over use.  It is one of the best mics I've ever used in a live environment.... aaanyway.  I changed about a year ago to the Neumann KMS 105, and it is a joy to behold.  Where are you playing (what size and quality of PA wil you be using).  I play clubs, and pubs, and if i'm honest, singing soul, and classic rock mostly, and as beautiful as the Neumann is, it really needs a big ass gorgeous PA to fully emphasize how wonderfully it captures the voice. 

I could get away with using something a lot less 'good', really.  Also, kind of realised i haven't answered your question properly, but the KMS 105 is the daddy.