Topic: MIDI Clock

Az it gaaht whon?   (Say it with a Monty Python Accent)   Eet don't looo lyye eet!

Re: MIDI Clock

Hi riffbeeper,

Took me a sec to get my Python right lol.

Yep the Touch responds to MIDI clock for tempo. It doesn't generate clock internally though. It only handles external sources.

Cheers,
Craig

Thanx Craig .

Riff

Wait a second, the VLT responds to MIDI clock for tempo but won't take it into consideration for lining up the looper!?

"Hi rick,

VLT doesn't accept MIDI clock. There was another post outlining how to send CC's (I think someone did it with a sampler) to get the times to sync. You might want to look at that thread to see what might work for your gear.

Cheers,
Craig"

That's right Rick. You can send midi clock for Delay tempo, but we don't have functionality for syncing the looper.

So I guess I should have answered "yes and no" wink

-Craig

So I have it right when I say the VLT has the ability to to read the MIDI clock already, it just hasn't been able to take that ability to put a life-saving clicker into the looper!?

Could someone please write a line of code to make this possible?!  I'd give my pinky finger.

Yep, that's right Rick.

Heh, it's waaaaay more complicated than just a line of code unfortunately. It's not something we'll be putting into Touch, but we've been hearing loud and clear from a lot of users that they want lots more looping stuff, so we're going to be developing for it in future products. smile

Cheers,
Craig

Ballocks, don't make me buy a separate product just so I have a looper locking with my drum machine.. C'mon.  I'll bake cookies for the entire staff.  They're really really good cookies.

mmmm coookies!

Grrr... Ok, next.  Who can hack the VLT to do this?  Brownies..

Let me get this straight. VLT can read midi clock from an incoming signal ...yes? but this is only as a timing for the delay??
If so how come when i connect my Kaoss pad to send midi, go into VLT's delay menu, set midi clock off/on to on, VLT seems to be receiving NO midi. Also as soon as i com e out of VLT's Delay menu, midi off/on is immediatelt reset to off. Also i have tried my boss rc50 to send midi clock ..no luck [:(

Heya chrisgoodman,

There's a couple of gotcha's for setting up the MIDI.

1. Make sure both devices are using the same MIDI channel
2. Make sure both devices are using the same SYSEX ID
3. Check the filter setting in the MIDI advanced menu and set it to NONE

Let me know if that helps.

It's likely that the two devices are just missing a common setting somewhere.

Cheers,
Craig

Hello! I checked all the settings Midi, but when you try to turn it on when you exit the menu, MIDI does not turn off. So I can not set the delay.
All filters are turned off. The channel is the first as an external device (sequencer), and the device!
What should I do?

Hi forumax,

What is it that you're trying to make the VLT do via MIDI?

Cheers,
Craig